dicom_to_minc (was Re: [MINC-users] Shapoor from Dr. Bushnell's lab)

Peter NEELIN minc-users@bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Fri, 3 Oct 2003 20:32:12 -0400

On Fri, 3 Oct 2003, Jon Erik Ween wrote:

> I thought I saw a tool Peter Neelin wrote for Mosaiced files off
> Siemens machines, but the links I've found so far seem to be dead. If
> anyone knows where these live now it would be nice to know where they
> are.

I wrote a dicom client that would read mosaic'ed Siemens Vision internal
format files, separate them out into normal DICOM images and do DICOM
C-STORE's to a server. That code was based on Siemens headers obtained
under NDA, so it cannot be freely distributed. But if you have a Siemens
NDA, then you may be able to arrange something with the appropriate person
at the BIC (MNI).

Note that that code only works with the Vision, but it may have been
adapted for use with the Sonata. I am not sure how images are currently
being converted and extracted from mosaic structure at the BIC.

            Peter
----
            Peter Neelin (neelin@bic.mni.mcgill.ca)