[MINC-users] Re: Problems to compile and install Register and Display

minc-users@bic.mni.mcgill.ca minc-users@bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Tue, 16 Dec 2003 16:55:25 -0500 (EST)

Andre,

I just did a new install of netcdf, bicpl, minc, and Register on
Redhat 9. Thanks for your post on Oct 24th. That saved me a lot of time.

With the Register install, I ran into some of the same problems that you
have. I believe the glut.h file is included in the glut-devel rpm:

[root@radium Register-1.3.3]# rpm -qf /usr/include/GL/glut.h
glut-devel-3.7-12

I also encountered the problem you posted way back on Aug 13:

> > checking for GL/glut.h... yes
> > checking for glutInit in -lglut... no
> > configure: error: cannot find required library

I found one possible work around for this was to define:

export X_LIBS=-lXi

before running configure.

hope some of this is helpful,

-Adam Thomas