[MINC-users] killed

Peter NEELIN minc-users@bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Tue, 16 Dec 2003 22:31:20 -0500

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003, Maxime Descoteaux wrote:

> My MINC program gets "killed" after a few minutes of computation.  Before,
> I thought I was running out of memory but I have recently implemented all
> my stuff with voxel loop and still, I get a "killed".  Now, the only
> difference is that I get it much later in the computation.

That usually means that the system has run out of memory and has selected
your process to be killed. Check the system log file, if you can - it
should give more detail. Without knowing more about the system on which
you are running the program, or more about the program it is hard to
advise. But it is unlikely that a well-behaved voxel-loop program would
run out of memory part way through since it allocates its buffers at the
beginning. Is it possible that your computation code has a memory leak?
Try monitoring the process size with top or ps.

            Peter
----
            Peter Neelin (neelin@bic.mni.mcgill.ca)