[MINC-users] installation problem with N3 on Linux (red hat 9)

siamak Ardekani minc-users@bic.mni.mcgill.ca
10 Dec 2003 21:08:07 -0800

Dear Steve,

Thank you for the reply. I installed blas/lapack and now the
configuration recognize the library. However, now it complains about
netcdf library. I used the rpm file provided at
http://www.bic.mni.mcgill.ca/software/distribution to install the netcdf
and MINC.

[root@localhost MNI_N3]# rpm -qpl netcdf-3.5.0-linux-2.4-intel.rpm
/usr/local/mni/bin
/usr/local/mni/bin/ncdump
/usr/local/mni/bin/ncgen
/usr/local/mni/include
/usr/local/mni/include/netcdf.h
/usr/local/mni/lib
/usr/local/mni/lib/libnetcdf.a
/usr/local/mni/man
/usr/local/mni/man/man1
/usr/local/mni/man/man1/ncdump.1
/usr/local/mni/man/man1/ncgen.1
/usr/local/mni/man/man3
/usr/local/mni/man/man3/netcdf.3

when I launch configure:

[root@localhost N3]# ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/mni
checking for gawk... gawk

[....]

checking for sgemm_ in -lblas... (cached) yes
checking for sgemm_ in -lessl... no
checking for sgemm_ in -lblas... (cached) yes
checking for cheev_... no
checking for cheev_ in -llapack... yes
checking for library EBTKS... yes
checking for library m... yes
checking for library netcdf... no
configure: error: cannot find required library netcdf
[root@localhost N3]#

looking at config.log :

configure:6803: /usr/bin/cc -o conftest -O -Df2cFortran -DNDEBUG
conftest.c -lm
 -lEBTKS -lm  >&5
configure:6809: $? = 0
configure:6812: test -z                          || test ! -s
conftest.err
configure:6815: $? = 0
configure:6818: test -s conftest
configure:6821: $? = 0
configure:6832: result: yes
configure:6841: checking for library netcdf
configure:6868: /usr/bin/cc -o conftest -O -Df2cFortran -DNDEBUG
conftest.c -ln
etcdf -lm -lEBTKS -lm  >&5
conftest.c:16:20: netcdf.h: No such file or directory
configure:6874: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
| /* confdefs.h.  */
|
| #define PACKAGE_NAME ""
| #define PACKAGE_TARNAME ""
| #define PACKAGE_VERSION ""
| #define PACKAGE_STRING ""
| #define PACKAGE_BUGREPORT ""
| #define PACKAGE "N3"
| #define VERSION "1.07"
| #ifdef __cplusplus
| extern "C" void std::exit (int) throw (); using std::exit;
| #endif
| #define HAVE_BLAS 1
| #define HAVE_LAPACK 1
| /* end confdefs.h.  */
| #include <netcdf.h>
| #ifdef F77_DUMMY_MAIN
|
| #  ifdef __cplusplus
|      extern "C"
| #  endif
|    int F77_DUMMY_MAIN() { return 1; }
|
| #endif
| int
| main ()
| {
| int i = ncopen("",0);
|   ;
|   return 0;
| }
configure:6897: result: no
configure:6900: error: cannot find required library netcdf

I was wondering why it complains about netcdf.h where it is already
installed in the correct location?

Thanks,

Siamak