[MINC-users] installation problem with N3 on Linux (red hat 9)

Steve ROBBINS minc-users@bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Thu, 11 Dec 2003 09:29:16 -0500

On Wed, Dec 10, 2003 at 09:08:07PM -0800, siamak Ardekani wrote:
> Dear Steve,
>
> Thank you for the reply. I installed blas/lapack and now the
> configuration recognize the library. However, now it complains about
> netcdf library. I used the rpm file provided at
> http://www.bic.mni.mcgill.ca/software/distribution to install the netcdf
> and MINC.
>

> [root@localhost MNI_N3]# rpm -qpl netcdf-3.5.0-linux-2.4-intel.rpm
> /usr/local/mni/bin
> /usr/local/mni/bin/ncdump
> /usr/local/mni/bin/ncgen
> /usr/local/mni/include
> /usr/local/mni/include/netcdf.h

That's in /usr/local/mni/include, a path not normally searched by
the C compiler.  You need to tell the compiler to look there.

Re-run configure as follows

	./configure --with-build-path=/usr/local/mni --prefix=/usr/local/mni

Cheers,
-Steve