[MINC-users] installation problem with N3 on Linux (red hat 9)

Steve ROBBINS minc-users@bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Wed, 10 Dec 2003 12:32:24 -0500

On Tue, Dec 09, 2003 at 11:11:55PM -0800, siamak Ardekani wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I was checking the archive and noticed a message posted by one of the
> members describing a problem similar to mine. Basically, I am trying to
> install MNI_N3 version 1.07 on a Linux box running red hat 9. I got the
> following error while executing the configure:
>
> [root@localhost N3]# ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/MNI

  [...]

> checking for library F77... no
> configure: error: cannot find required library F77
>
> I have already installed CLAPACK in /usr/local directory. Although, I am
> not sure if configure can recognize the library.

To diagnose this problem, you need to look through "config.log" for
the error messages.

With regards to blas/lapack, you have two options.

#1 Install vendor packages.  You need to have the "developer" package
installed.  For Debian, the package names are "blas-dev" and "lapack-dev".
I'm guessing that redhat has something similar.

#2 Install clapack as described in N3's INSTALL file.  In particular,

  N3 requires the the three libraries be named "libF77.a",
  "libblas.a", and "liblapack.a" and that their associated header files
  ("f2c.h" and "blaswrap.h") be installed on the system. You need to
  manually copy the libraries and header files to the appropriate
  pathnames on your system.

The three ".a" files should be in /usr/local/lib, and the ".h" files
should be in /usr/local/include.

Regards,
-Steve