[MINC-users] installation problem with N3 on Linux (red hat 9)

siamak Ardekani minc-users@bic.mni.mcgill.ca
09 Dec 2003 23:11:55 -0800

Dear All,

I was checking the archive and noticed a message posted by one of the
members describing a problem similar to mine. Basically, I am trying to
install MNI_N3 version 1.07 on a Linux box running red hat 9. I got the
following error while executing the configure:

[root@localhost N3]# ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/MNI
checking for gawk... gawk
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... (cached) yes
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking whether gcc and cc understand -c and -o together... yes
checking for g++... g++
checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
checking dependency style of g++... gcc3
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for library m... yes
checking for g77... g77
checking whether we are using the GNU Fortran 77 compiler... yes
checking whether g77 accepts -g... yes
checking how to get verbose linking output from g77... -v
checking for Fortran libraries of g77...
-L/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/3.2.2
-L/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/3.2.2/../../.. -lfrtbegin -lg2c -lm
-lgcc_s
checking for dummy main to link with Fortran libraries... none
checking for Fortran name-mangling scheme... lower case, underscore,
extra underscore
checking for sgemm_... no
checking for ATL_xerbla in -latlas... no
checking for sgemm_ in -framework vecLib... no
checking for sgemm_ in -lblas... no
checking for sgemm_ in -lcxml... no
checking for sgemm_ in -ldxml... no
checking for sgemm_ in -lscs... no
checking for sgemm_ in -lcomplib.sgimath... no
checking for sgemm_ in -lblas... (cached) no
checking for sgemm_ in -lblas... (cached) no
checking for library F77... no
configure: error: cannot find required library F77

I have already installed CLAPACK in /usr/local directory. Although, I am
not sure if configure can recognize the library.

I appreciate comments in this regard.

Thanks,

Siamak