[MINC-development] MINC and Subversion

Jon Harlap jharlap at bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Tue May 8 17:00:05 EDT 2007

not to mention that file based doesn't work so well when you have
multiple developers working on a respository, as jason and i saw when
setting up the brain-view subversion repository...  you have to set up
silly hacks in order to allow all the developers to write to the
repository directory and not create inaccessible files for the other
developers...

on the plus side, you can use any form of apache auth module you like,
and you can even combine several - so if you used PAM with ldap on the
systems, you could use the same LDAP for subversion over http as well...
  and for added security you can use ssl (https) - so if you wanted to
allow collaborators who don't have bic accounts to access the subversion
repos, you could actually create client certs for those users and accept
equally the LDAP and SSL client cert credentials, so both internal and
external users can access the repos.  isn't apache fun? ;)