[MINC-development] [kteich@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu: [Fsdev] Mac OS X, MNI, and Point]

Vicka Corey minc-development@bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Wed, 16 Mar 2005 11:02:15 -0500

we have a type clash....minc osx people, what's the right thing to do?

thanks
--vicka

----- Forwarded message from Kevin Teich <kteich@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu> -----

Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 19:13:25 -0500 (EST)
From: Kevin Teich <kteich@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>
Subject: [Fsdev] Mac OS X, MNI, and Point

So it turns out that MNI defines a type Point. OS X also defines a type
Point somewhere in their system headers. Normally we just compile with the
X11 headers, but in compiling a Qt app (Qt/Mac is native Aqua, doesn't run
in X11 environment) I got a type clash. So I made a copy of the mni/
install, pointed the build environment to it, and basically did a bunch of
s/Point/MniPoint/g in the necessary mni/ header files. Now it compiles.

How should this be handled? Should I contact the MNI developers? Should we
just use this locally modified installation in the mean time?

--
Kevin Teich