[MINC-development] [kteich@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu: [Fsdev] Mac OS X, MNI, and Point]

Robert VINCENT minc-development@bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Wed, 16 Mar 2005 11:27:04 -0500

Hi,

I will be releasing MINC 1.4 within a few days, which will hopefully
provide a solution.  I tried to prefix all typedefs and #defines
with "VIO_", but then in each header there is a block that says:

#ifndef MINC_PLAY_NICE
typedef VIO_<type> <type>
#define VIO_<const> <const>
#endif

This should be backward compatible, but if you include <volume_io.h> with
the new magic "MINC_PLAY_NICE" macro defined, you won't get your namespace
polluted with Point, X, Y, Z, etc.

I can send you a prerelease if you want to give it a try and let me know
if it works before I make it "official".

	-bert