[MINC-development] DICOM to minc build errors

EJ Nikelski nikelski@bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Tue, 08 Feb 2005 17:36:54 -0500

Hi,
     I initially sent this message to minc-users (perhaps the wrong
mailing list?) and received no response. I really need a response to
this ... since, transitioning to a minc volume format requires a
reliable conversion program and community support. I'm trying to get an
imaging center to start using minc, but I need to demonstrate that they
won't be left high and dry. Any advice on the below problem would be
appreciated.

    I am trying to help some people set up a processing pipeline to
convert their DICOM files (from a GE 3T magnet) to minc. A build of
Peter Neelin's DICOM_to_Minc package fails, as it is looking for
"Make_machine_specific" and "Make_configuration" in the minc build
directory ... and these elements do not exist in minc-1.3. Am I trying
to build an old (deprecated) tool? What is currently my best bet for
converting DICOM  to Minc? I have tried the PERL implementation of
dicom3_to_minc, but it's a bit slow. Ideas? I am building on Linux (Debian).

    BTW, I have noticed that netcdf-3.6 is out. The build process seems
to be a bit more robust and up-to-date than under 3.5. Initial build on
Debian was magic. If nobody knows of any incompatibility problems with
minc-1.3, I shall build it on Mac OS X as well.

Thanks,

Jim