[MINC-development] Re: glim_image

Jason Lerch minc-development@bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Tue, 2 Mar 2004 08:30:37 -0500

On Mar 2, 2004, at 12:40 AM, Andrew Janke wrote:

>> Urm, it's not packaged? Could have fooled me. Check the statistics
>> directory under /software/source. And I see no particular reason to
>> rename it, though I don't have any strong objections either.
>
> The general consensus on this was to package glim_image as part of an
> extra_tools package was it not?

Why create a new package called extra_tools - doesn't conglomerate
basically fit this bill?

> If all that is missing is packaging this is a somewhat easy task.
> With respect
> to the renaming issue, I would only do this such that we can
>
>   a) dissociate glim_iamge from the minc_extras package

Now I'm confused - you want to create a separate package for
glim_image? That already exists, nicely autoconfed and all. I thought
you wanted to add it to the extras package.

>   b) get a bit of consistency into minc tools names.

Heh. Good luck. Next thing we know you'll also advocate writing some
documentation ;-)

> I'm still keen for mincglm or this too broad of a name?

Isn't there some kinda rule that apps with minc in their name are
general enough to deal with arbitrary dimensions? In which case I don't
think that glim_image would qualify.

Jason