[MINC-development] OS X

Rick Hoge minc-development@bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Thu, 27 Feb 2003 21:43:43 -0500

>> Does anyone else here care about OS X?
>
> ME! I see it as a "platform for the clinicians" :).  I have managed to
> build
> most of minc (Excluding register and Display) for OSX and now have a
> number of
> neurologists/clinicians quite happilly going home with their laptops
> and tracing
> stuff for me (in Display).  For this I used Steve Robbins pre-built
> minc "OSX
> package".
>
> On this note, jason lerch was toying with a automated package builder
> a while
> back, I think it included support for Mac packages but am unsure.
>
> The easiest way to get minc et al to the Mac as a pre-built package
> may be via
> fink using a modified version of Steve Robbins's .deb debian packages.

I've been using the register binary that's currently available on the
MNI ftp site.  Under the new X11 release it is really fast (faster than
Linux, which was not the case under XDarwin).  For some reason Display
gives the error message

   'Cannot find menu file Display.menu and no compiled-in fallback'

I also have OS X emma binaries if anyone is using Matlab - not sure
who's maintaining Emma now...

Rick

Richard D. Hoge, Ph.D.
Instructor, HMS Department of Radiology
A. A. Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging
149 13th St.
Charlestown MA 02129
phone 617-726-6598
fax    617-726-7422