[MINC-development] OS X

Andrew Janke minc-development@bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Fri, 28 Feb 2003 13:22:35 +1000

On Thu, 27 Feb 2003, Rick Hoge wrote:

> > The easiest way to get minc et al to the Mac as a pre-built package
> > may be via
> > fink using a modified version of Steve Robbins's .deb debian packages.
>
> I've been using the register binary that's currently available on the
> MNI ftp site.  Under the new X11 release it is really fast (faster than
> Linux, which was not the case under XDarwin).  For some reason Display
> gives the error message
>
>    'Cannot find menu file Display.menu and no compiled-in fallback'

This should here /usr/local/mni/include/Display.menu

(assuming register/Display is in /usr/local/mni/bin)

Which binary version are you referring to?  I used the "complete"
minc/register/Display tar 'distribution' that either Steve or Dale compiled.
I now can't seem to find it anywhere now?

It was posted to the BIC geeks list (which I don't have web access to here)
IIRC, dale?

BTW I agree with the comments about speed, the Mac X11 binary is definitely
speedy compared to the previous Orobor/Darwin X servers.