[MINC-development] OS X

Andrew Janke minc-development@bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Fri, 28 Feb 2003 11:35:18 +1000

On Thu, 27 Feb 2003, Vicka Corey wrote:

> > 1. It's not happy out of the box; I'm slogging through configure and
> >    the Makefile.  But as long as I'm asking, anyone here have any tips?
>
> Actually minc 1.1 per se seems to have compiled fine.  For the record,
> I was getting some problems from mni_autoreg-0.98j.  The configure script
> complained that it couldn't get the host, so I offered it a bogon
> (--host=Darwin), and I symlinked the obscurely-placed system malloc.h
> to /usr/lib to get the make to work.
>
> Does anyone else here care about OS X?

ME! I see it as a "platform for the clinicians" :).  I have managed to build
most of minc (Excluding register and Display) for OSX and now have a number of
neurologists/clinicians quite happilly going home with their laptops and tracing
stuff for me (in Display).  For this I used Steve Robbins pre-built minc "OSX
package".

On this note, jason lerch was toying with a automated package builder a while
back, I think it included support for Mac packages but am unsure.

The easiest way to get minc et al to the Mac as a pre-built package may be via
fink using a modified version of Steve Robbins's .deb debian packages.

--
Andrew Janke   ( rotor@cmr.uq.edu.au || www.cmr.uq.edu.au/~rotor )
Australia->University of Queensland->Centre for Magnetic Resonance