[Loris-dev] Loris

Christine Rogers rogers at bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Tue Jul 20 12:26:54 EDT 2021

Hi Ayshwarya,
I'm replying-all for community benefit, and so that team members can
provide additional answers --

It's great that you've already installed 22.0.1, and we recommend you
install the most recent release - 23.0.4 -  since we will support that best
for any questions you have.

To start, install 23.0.4 on your new VM.  Create a mysql dump of the old
database, copy that to the new VM, and source it there. Then follow the
release upgrade steps (as you found in our wiki page
<https://github.com/aces/Loris/wiki/Updating-your-LORIS>) and source
every release
upgrade patch <https://github.com/aces/Loris/tree/main/SQL/Release_patches> in
order to bring the old database up to date.  Please follow the Release notes
<https://github.com/aces/Loris/releases> along the way for any additional
steps or scripts.   It's also a good idea to double-check your dependency
versions --

Let us know if these are the steps you followed, and then send us
output/error messages you're getting. e.g. for the front end, please check
the apache error logs.

A few additional questions about the old project:
- How much data do you have?  ( both gb of imaging files, and number of
candidates/visits/instruments).
- Are there any code customizations
<https://github.com/aces/Loris/wiki/Code-Customization> in the
project/libraries and project/templates directory that override the LORIS
codebase?  This can include new modules or just changes to modules --
consult your project's specific documentation, so you can plan to update
these functionalities for the current LORIS architecture.

Best,
Christine

--
Research Project Officer