[Loris-dev] Additional users, loris admin

Ioannis Pappas ioannis at berkeley.edu
Mon Sep 14 13:32:29 EDT 2020

Dear Loris support.
I hope this finds you well.

I would like to ask you a question about creating and managing additional users.

We would like to add a research assistant to help us with our project, specifically with the loris mysql operations. We already have a lorismysql user that handles parts of the operations but we would like to add another person to handle the day to day operations.

What is the best way for the loris admin to do so? Should we create another lorisdbuser with basic rights granted e.g. (like in the website):

GRANT ALTER, DROP, CREATE, UPDATE, INSERT, SELECT, DELETE, CREATE TEMPORARY TABLES, LOCK TABLES  on $dbname.* to ‘lorisdbuser'@'$dbhost' IDENTIFIED BY '$newpassword' WITH GRANT OPTION ;

If this is the case can the loris admin check logs or undo changes made by a particular user? Are there problems if two loris users are signed in the same time?

Best wishes,
Ioannis