[Loris-dev] question regarding MRI uploader

Ling Ma lingyun.ma at mcin.ca
Wed Mar 4 22:56:39 EST 2020

Hi Ioannis,

I try to answer your question without checking in detail. My memory might
not be accurate.

1). GUI imaging uploader is just a tool that helps you to upload a zip file
without actually processing it. So when it is stuck with "in progress",
then this uploading task could be considered dead, you can just open the
page to start over again. Of course you could remove the record. Since this
is only a tool helping you upload images, this tool won't read the DICOM
information, it just read the file name to process.
2). As I remember, the MRI type in the file name won't be taken into
consideration, instead I suppose the DICOM information should be used, I
could check later for details.
3). if you just upload an image, it failed without having been processed,
you can just remove the record from "mri_upload" table or just start over
again, you can remove the corresponding file if you wish to free up the
used space. Of course you should be careful in doing so.

I feel that you are not using image processing tool up to right now, the
imaging uploader is not all, the uploading doesn't do all the work as you
assume, The purpose of the "Imaging Uploader" is "The imaging uploader is
intended to allow users to upload, browse, and track pipeline insertion
progress." (source:
https://github.com/aces/Loris/tree/master/modules/imaging_uploader/README.md
)

Instead the real work is done by imaging processing package Loris-MRI (
https://github.com/aces/Loris-MRI).

If the files have been processed but without being successful, under the
image uploading processing tool package Loris-MRI, (
https://github.com/aces/Loris-MRI), there is a folder called "tools", there
is a delete_imaging_upload.pl, which could be used to easily remove any
unsuccessful imaging loading.

Hope this could help you out.

Best regards,
Ling Ma