[MINC-users] Surface Segmentation with Display

Robert D. Vincent bert at phalarope.com
Fri Apr 6 22:31:38 EDT 2018

Hi Andrew,

Sorry for the delay in responding.

Unfortunately, the current implementation of surface segmentation does not
work with integer labels like the volumetric labeling.. It allows you to
paint colors on the surface on a number of polygons under the mouse cursor.
Once you've done this, you can save the colored image. I'm not certain what
the intended workflow or even the intended purpose. It would be fairly easy
to add support for integer labeling of the surface similar to what is
currently done in the volume. There are already provisions to allow you to
load, display, and save per-vertex data, so it's just a question of making
it possible to create and edit the vertex data.

Email me directly if you want to discuss and perhaps we can make something
you'll find useful.

    -bert