[MINC-users] Surface Segmentation with Display

Andrew Wood andrew at biospective.com
Wed Apr 4 11:35:54 EDT 2018

Hi all,

Is thee a tutorial out there that shows how to operate Display's surface
segmentation capabilities? I've been doing a workflow that is probably more
cumbersome than it ought to be:

1) load the surface object and volumetric labels
2) paint on the volume
3) intersect the surface with the volumetric labels
4) If the surface segmentation looks good, then great; else go back to 2.

I see that Display has surface segmentation features, but I can't figure
out how to use them. The end goal is to generate per-vertex integer labels,
either directly written into the .obj file (to be externally extracted to a
.txt file) or saved out of Display directly.

Thanks,
Andrew