[MINC-users] information loss after mincreshape

Alex Zijdenbos zijdenbos at gmail.com
Thu May 18 09:38:01 EDT 2017

Hi Jerome,

Although I don't think this explains what you are seeing, I suspect that
this:

mincreshape +xdirection + ydirection +zdirection dyn.mnc tmp.mnc

may not do what you think it does, due to this, rather non-intuitive, bit
in the man page:

       +direction
              Flip images to give positive step value for spatial axes.
Note that the flipping of spatial axes only applies to "image dimensions".
These are the  two  fastest
              varying (non-vector) dimensions in the file. If you want to
flip a non-image dimension, you can convert it to an image dimension with
-dimsize dimname=-1 (the -1
              means don't really change the size). Check out the examples.

-- A