[MINC-users] information loss after mincreshape

Jérôme Redouté redoute at cermep.fr
Thu May 18 09:30:32 EDT 2017

Hi all,

We are facing a new problem with mincreshape while processing dynamic
PET data.

here is our process:

     dcm2mnc ==> dyn.mnc

     mincreshape +xdirection + ydirection +zdirection dyn.mnc tmp.mnc

we want then to reorient the image:

     param2xfm -rotations 90 0 180 dcmPET2mnc.xfm

     mincresample -transformation dcmPET2mnc.xfm tmp.mnc final.mnc -like
template.mnc

this last step fails with the following warnings:

     "Irregular dimension in file tmp.mnc contains non-monotonic or
repeated values"

     "substituting a step size of 1"

and the resulting file contains no data

If we don't do the mincreshape step ==>  no problem with mincresample

Any ideas?

(we are using the dev branch of Minc tools)

Thanks for your help

Jerome