[MINC-users] Co-registration metric (minctracc)

Paul GRAVEL pgravel at bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Thu Jan 28 14:38:23 EST 2016

Dear All,

Hope all is well!

Is there a metric (or metrics) to test the goodness of co-registration
with minctracc (would that be comparing the Initial objective function
val vs. Final objective function value)?

The reason for this question is that I am running a script that does 2
passes of a PET to PET co-registration, but sometimes the second pass
messes things up, especially when the first pass looks good.
Thus I would like to use this metric to automatically check whether or not
the second pass should be run at all.
Of course, I would still visually inspect the end results ;-)!

Thanks!

Paul