[MINC-users] The story of "bestlinreg"?

Claude LEPAGE claude at bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Fri Feb 26 12:22:42 EST 2016

Hi,

A few historical notes here...

Oliver and I are at the origin of the creation of bestlinreg.pl.
The motivation was to split the original mritotal script into a
module for linear registration and one for non-linear registration.
Being modest, we, of course, called it "best". bestlinreg.pl typically
lives within the CIVET pipeline and hasn't be formally added to
the mni autoreg package. bestlinreg.pl has thus evolved with the
versions of CIVET over the years, although we have not renamed it
bestbestlinreg.pl.

I don't know where bestlinreg, bestlinreg_s, and bestlinreg_s2 are
from. Likely, they are other flavours of bestlinreg.pl.

Claude