[MINC-users] Segmentation: Handling poor T1 contrast?

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 16:40:04 EDT 2016

Hi Gabriel,

If the images are consistent in their contrast my approach is to build
a nonlinear model from them, match the model to the another with
"correct" contrast and then build a joint histogram between them, fit
a polynomial to the result and then use this to remap intensities on
the originals. It isn't perfect but it does help a bit.  There was a
tool called PolFit some years ago by Sylvain Prima when he was
visiting Louis lab, not sure if it ever made it to release or not. Its
primary application was to assist with registration between image
types by building a synthetic intermediate image. Vlad may know for
sure.

ta