[MINC-users] Freesurfer

Trisanna Sprung-Much trisanna.sprung-much at mail.mcgill.ca
Tue Apr 12 16:30:32 EDT 2016

Thanks Mishkin,

I haven't had much luck with posting questions so was hoping I could meet
with someone in person at the MNI:

Specifically - I have labels that have been painted on the T1 volumes of
several ICBM brains in Display. While I am going to be generating some
probability maps using this data in MNI space, I would like to generate
surfaces for the brains in Freesurfer (which I am in the process of doing)
and generate probability maps using a surface-based registration, as I
think the maps would be much more accurate.

I have been told to use the *mrivol2surf command *to put the labels onto
the Freesurfer surfaces, but need a .dat file containing information about
the registration matrix to run this command:

mri_vol2surf [<options>] --src inputfile --out outpufile --srcreg
registrationfile --hemi hemisphere

I do not have any dat files when I run recon-all and so was told to
generate the dat files using *mri152reg*. However, most of my ICBM brains
are registered to the MNI305 template and so my labels are in this space.
The mri152reg would only work for the 5 brains that I have that are
registered to ICBM152 nonlinear template. (Essentially, these brains were
passed on to me from another student and so are registered to various
templates)

*To start, any idea how to get the labels.mnc onto my Freesurfer surfaces?*

thanks so much,

Trisanna

--
Ph.D. Candidate