[MINC-users] dcm2mnc for Siemens Biograph mCT 64 PET/CT scanner

Yoshitaka KUMAKURA yoshi.kumakura at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 00:50:12 EST 2015

Dear MINC experts,

We would like to use MINC tools to analyze dynamic PET files of a Siemens
Biograph mCT 64 PET/CT scanner in an affiliated hospital in Copenhagen. We
are not new to MINC, because we are former BIC researchers (currently in
Albert Gjedde's lab). But, we are a small PET research group with no
computer scientist.

We have a favor to ask. We've tried dcm2mnc to convert a set of dynamic 4D
PET Dicom files to a minc files, and found that it just makes a 3D minc
file, missing the 4th time dimension. Has anybody encountered the same
issue? Is a dcm2mnc utility for the scanner available? We are in great need
of the minc converter customized for the PET/CT scanner. We would
appreciate it very much, if you could find us a solution.

Best regards,
Yoshi

Yoshitaka Kumakura MD, PhD, Manou Vafaee, PhD, and Albert Gjedde MD, DSc
Department of Neuroscience and Pharmacology
University of Copenhagen