[MINC-users] Outputting overlay of co-registered MINC files directly to a file

Vladimir S. FONOV vladimir.fonov at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 15:36:47 EST 2015

Hello,

you can use minc_qc.pl script for that , something like that:

minc_qc.pl  t1w.mnc t1w_qc.jpg
       --mask  overlay.mnc --title "subject_1 --image-range 5 100
--mask-range 5 20 --big

will produce  a series of pictures with overlay of t1w scan (in gray) and
overlay.mnc (in red)

On Tue, Jan 20, 2015 at 3:24 PM, Paul GRAVEL <pgravel at bic.mni.mcgill.ca>
wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I am currently doing a bunch of co-registrations (PET to MR , and PET to
> STX space) and I was wondering if there was an alternative to opening
> register everytime to visually inspect the co-registration between the two
> volumes, i.e. is it possible (does a tool exist?) to output the overlayed
> volumes (for a few sllices only), as shown in the right-hand column of
> register, directly to an image file (e.g. .png), without having to open
> register? One could then scroll through the series of the overlaid slices
> for a quality check, or put these images (while running a script) in a
> quality assessment report.
> I vaguely remember old tools/scripts (either do_mritopet or do_mritotal)
> doing something similar.
> Any ideas?
> Best Regards,
> Paul