[MINC-users] minctracc bug in lattice generation

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 15:31:30 EST 2014

On 11 November 2014 22:11, Alex Zijdenbos <zijdenbos at gmail.com> wrote:
> I see. No - if the volume(s) have no direction cosines, the 'drift' in the
> deformation grid lattice does not happen (at all). In that case the only
> problem is that the grid is not perfectly centered on the (target?) volume,
> but it stays in place during multiple calls to minctracc.

OK, so it's a direction cosines only bug (well direction cosines other
than identity!). Note that as Louis points out the grid shouldn't be
centred on the volume but on the thresholded volume extents.

> By the way, if the target volume does have direction cosines, they are
> inherited by the xfm, and they themselves don't change through multiple
> minctracc invocations.

OK.

Do you have a minimal test case? (large voxels, made with
make_phantom?) if so then we should file an issue on github, actually
I just looked and Vladimir has beaten me to the punch.

   https://github.com/BIC-MNI/mni_autoreg/issues/9