[MINC-users] DTI DICOM to Minc Conversion

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 12:29:04 EDT 2014

Hi Andrew,

While I probably should fix dcm2mnc to handle this case I've always
been of the opinion that converters should be written in scripting
languages to allow quick hackery, so my usual fix for such things is
to write something dodgy in perl.

I once wrote something called dcmsort that lives in here:

   https://github.com/andrewjanke/mnc2dcm

That will give you a quick idea of all the DICOM files in a directory.
It uses a version of DICOM.pm from John Harlap (and others), I should
get around to changing this to something like dcmtk but have never
found a need just yet. Yes, there is a version of my mythical mnc2dcm
converter there that will sort of work but I wouldn't recommend anyone
uses it for anything real...

The idea is that you run this on your input series of DICOM files,
that are then renamed to something sensical and put into folders in a
reasonably organised structure. At which point you pass the series of
folders into dcm2mnc and then play mincconcat after if that is what
you want. I tend to store Diffusion data in separate files (one for
each direction, B0 image) as this allows me to do quick math across
them if needs be.