[MINC-users] MINCINFO error

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Thu Feb 6 18:47:18 EST 2014

Hi Emina,

You should only need NIAK as it is a bigger and better replacement for
EMMA. NIAK also still requires an install of MINC. I note that you are
running on Windows which will make things difficult. There have been
compilations of MINC on windows in the past
http://packages.bic.mni.mcgill.ca/win32/ but I can't say they are
supported.

You might also be hitting issues with filenames with spaces in them
but I don't see any evidence of this.

My strong recommendation is that if you planning on continuing in
image analysis would be to run a Linux based Neurodebian Virtual
Machine if you have to stay with Windows or use a linux/OSX machine
for your work. Nearly all of the packages in this space will be hard
on Windows.

Good luck!