[MINC-users] arguments to "miget_real_value_hyperslab"

Thomas Funck thomas.funck at mail.mcgill.ca
Fri Dec 12 20:41:55 EST 2014

Hi,

I recently updated my version of minc with the latest version on github and have come across the following problem. I want to read a hyperslab with '
miget_real_value_hyperslab", but I get this warning:

minc_helper.c:285:9: warning: passing argument 4 of ‘miget_real_value_hyperslab’ from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
         if(miget_real_value_hyperslab( img, MI_TYPE_DOUBLE, volume->wstarts, volume->wcount, volume->data) != MI_NOERROR) {
         ^
In file included from /usr/local/include/minc2.h:12:0,
                 from minc_helper.h:9,
                 from minc_helper.c:1:
/usr/local/include/minc2_api.h:1116:5: note: expected ‘const misize_t *’ but argument is of type ‘long int *’

According to the documentation for the API (1), the "sizes" argument should be "long []", so why does the compiler complain that I'm not giving it a
‘const misize_t *’?

Thanks,

Thomas

(1) http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/MINC/Reference/MINC2.0_Application_Programmers_Interface#miget_real_value_hyperslab