[MINC-users] mincreshape segfault and general behavior

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Fri Oct 4 06:39:44 EDT 2013

On 3 October 2013 08:56, Alex Zijdenbos <zijdenbos at gmail.com> wrote:
> mincresample will interpolate between the point samples when it needs
> to, but it will not average. In other words, if you would use
> mincresample to downsample by a factor of 3 in all dimensions
> (collapse each 3x3x3 cube into a single voxel at the same point
> location), you are simply tossing out 26 of the 27 voxel values in
> each 3x3x3 cube - you are not averaging them. I have raised this a few
> times (very recently even), but even though it may be
> counter-intuitive to many, it is by Peter's design. In my scripts I
> usually call mincblur before mincresample when I know I will be
> downsampling.

This is only if you are using mincresample in old-school
trilinear/tricubic/nearest mode. I, along with others asked Bert a
long while back to add some better options for this and -sinc option
was the result. Note also the -width, -hanning and -hamming options.

If you want to go whole hog first principles regridding, take a look
at volregrid.

   https://github.com/andrewjanke/volregrid

This was originally written for k-space spiral trajectory regridding
but since then has been abused for all sorts of other reasons.