[MINC-users] mincreshape segfault and general behavior

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Fri Oct 4 06:35:50 EDT 2013

On 3 October 2013 07:21, Soren Christensen <sorench at gmail.com> wrote:
> It's a MINC2 file.

Well, scratch that idea then....

> Sorry I meant mincresample where marked below:
>> > 3) Is it correctly understood that mincreshape does volume averaging for
>> > downsizing as opposed to *mincresample* that will just use the specified
>> > interpolation method?
>
> Let me make sure I understand this right. Are you saying mincreshape does
> no volume averaging? If you reshape from a dimsize of 512 to 256 for
> example, then isn't each voxel a 4x4 average of the input?

Correct. mincreshape does no volume averaging/blurring/interpolating
that I know of. In this case mincresample is what you want. This sort
of doubling/halving of step sizes is voered by autocrop with the
-isostep style options. Because I like making my own toys I have a few
incarnations of this here:

   http://packages.bic.mni.mcgill.ca/scripts/voliso

I see Vlad has also responded with his own tool to do this.