[MINC-users] mincreeample transformation problem

Colin Shaun Hawco, M colin.hawco at mail.mcgill.ca
Thu Apr 4 13:40:17 EDT 2013

The EPI model is already in MNI space. It is the EPI template from SPM8. It is perfectly coregistered with the MNI152 template. in fact, the only reason for using the EPI_model at all is to move the data into a common space (in terms of voxel size and dimensions) for group comparison, and to make it possible for me to compare activities across studies.

It occurs to me one possible solution to my problem is to abandon this step of resampling into the EPI model space. I am doing it as a sort of carry over from the way SPM does the normalization. But it is interpolating the data and resampling my voxels to 2x2x2 mm. I am not sure I see any good reason to do so, and maybe the best approach would be to keep the data in the native voxel size.

Colin Hawco, PhD
Post Doctoral Researcher
Temerty Centre for Therapeutic Brain Intervention
Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH)
University of Toronto
"Disorder Expands"