[MINC-users] mincreeample transformation problem

Colin Shaun Hawco, M colin.hawco at mail.mcgill.ca
Thu Apr 4 12:08:41 EDT 2013

That is almost the steps I am doing, only for the transform for EPI to T1, i am using mritoself, with a linear transform (which works on all other data sets except this one).

Also, for resampling, things work if I resample using -like the original EPI file (which then should not change the file dimentions or start points). So this command gives a reasonable (but not useable on a practical level) output:

mincresample -like epi_file.mnc -transform concat.xfm epi_file.mnc epi_normalized.mnc

However, if I use -like EPI_model.mnc, the registration fails, and the data is shifted partially out of range. But in order to perform my group analysis, I need the EPI data in the space, with the dimensions and start points, of the EPI_model.

I have the feeling there is a problem with translating/moving the origon, but I lack the sophistication in minctools to figure out how.

Well from the above my guess was off, all the files do have regular
spacing (look for regular__ above).

So just to recap, the process for registration is as such:

   mincANTS T1.mnc -> MNI_model.mnc   == T1-model.xfm

   mincANTS EPI.mnc -> T1.mnc  ==  EPI-T1.xfm

   xfmconcat EPI-T1.xfm T1-model.xfm concat.xfm

   mincresample -like EPI_model.mnc -transformation concat.xfm EPI.mnc
EPI_normalised.mnc

?

And if you resample like the MNI_model things are good but if you
resample like the EPI_model things go akimbo?