[MINC-users] Best plane (axial or coronal) for CIVET processing?

Nam, Kie Woo kie_woo.nam at kcl.ac.uk
Thu Mar 22 14:35:04 EDT 2012

Dear Dr Andrew Janke,

Thank you very much for this precious information. The reason why I've been using "ana2mnc" was just that it came up on top of the google search results list.

Anyway, I've now used "nii2mnc", and have further questions. So, I would very much appreciate your further advice.

I've checked that the axial and coronal MINC images do not align when loaded using "register" (shown in attached the image) even though both the coronal and axial images have the same (1) messages displayed on terminal during nii2mnc conversion, (2) "mincheader" outputs and (3) "mincstats" outputs (shown in attached the Excel sheet).

So, could you please tell me whether the nii2mnc conversion has been done properly? If not, I would be grateful if you would advise me on how to fix this. Please be reminded that my interest is not in having both axial and coronal MINC images, but just making sure the UNC-to-Analyze-to-MNC has been done successfully whether it's is in axial or coronal plane.

Many thanks,

Kie Woo