[MINC-users] EMMA tools for Cygwin

Pierre Bellec pbellec at bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Thu Jul 26 14:41:11 EDT 2012

Dear Paul,

Sorry for taking so long to jump in. I tested the niak reader and writer of
MINC on cygwin years ago, but I ran into various issues at the time. Since
MINC was not officially supported on this platform, I decided to abandon
windows altogether and assume people would install a ubuntu virtual machine
if they needed to read/write minc. I am thus very happy to see you managed
to get it to work, that's great news. However, the change you suggested is
what's in the code already.
http://code.google.com/p/niak/source/browse/trunk/commands/read_write/niak_read_hdr_minc.m

Maybe you were working on a version that had been edited for windows but
somehow ended up breaking things with cygwin.

Best,

Pierre Bellec, PhD
Research Centre of the Montreal Geriatric Institute
& Department of Computer Science and Operations Research
University of Montreal, Québec, Canada
http://simexp-lab.org/brainwiki/doku.php?id=pierrebellec
(001)(514) 340 3540 #3367