[MINC-users] making slices using mincreshape

Lisa F. Akiyama lrisa87 at uw.edu
Thu Feb 9 15:39:01 EST 2012

Hello MINC experts,

I have been using mincresample to slice up MINC images into individual
axial MINC slice files using the following command options:
mincreshape -clobber -dimrange zspace=${slice},1 orig.mnc orig_${slice}.mnc;

However, I am getting slices with a lot of white noise on slices that
should be completely black according to what I see
in that slice location on the original image. I get these odd outputs for
axial slices superior of the head/skull.
These issues aren't present for black slices containing no tissue inferior
of the head.

Can someone advise me on why I am getting these results for the slices
superior of the head?

Thank you.

Best,
Lisa