[MINC-users] mincreshape [+-][space]direction on >3D volumes?

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 20:51:12 EST 2012

Hi Alex,

On 3 February 2012 02:46, Alex Zijdenbos <zijdenbos at gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anybody know if there is a reason why mincreshape
> [-+][space]direction doesn't seem to do what the man page advertises
> on volumes with more than 3 dimensions? E.g.:

I suspect you are being bitten by "image dimensions". Did you read this
part of the man page? :)

       +direction
              Flip images to give positive step value for spatial axes.  Note
              that the flipping of spatial axes only applies to "image dimen‐
              sions". These are the two fastest varying  (non-vector)  dimen‐
              sions  in  the file. If you want to flip a non-image dimension,
              you can convert it to an image  dimension  with  -dimsize  dim‐
              name=-1  (the -1 means don't really change the size). Check out
              the examples.

I suspect you want this:

   $ mincreshape -quiet +zdirection -dimsize zspace=-1 zneg.mnc zpos.mnc