[MINC-users] classify_clean

Mishkin Derakhshan mishkind at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 23:21:27 EST 2011

Hi Paul,
Below is how I referenced the minc tools and classify_clean. Perhaps
we should have a page with a list of references and how to reference
the tools on the bic website (or the Minc wikibook) much like the
folks at FSL and freesurfer.
hth,
mishkin

Medical Imaging NetCDF (MINC) is a medical imaging data format
and associated set of tools and libraries developed at the Montreal
Neurological Institute (MNI) and freely available online (http://www.
bic.mni.mcgill.ca/ServicesSoftware). The tool classify_clean, which is
used to classify stereotaxic MINC volumes, involves a Bayesian labeling
scheme and a set of standard sample points to compute an initial volume
classification. This classification is then employed to purge incorrect tag
points from the standard set, yielding a custom set of labels for the
particular subject. Finally, this tag point set is used by an artificial neural
net classifier to classify the volume (Zijdenbos et al., 1998).

Zijdenbos, A., Forghani, R., Evans, A., 1998. Automatic quantification
of MS lesions in 3D
MRI brain data sets: validation of INSECT. Medical Image Computing and
Computer-Assisted Interventation—MICCAI'98, pp. 439–448