[MINC-users] X11 forwarding for Display

Ali Snedden asnedden at nd.edu
Fri Mar 25 10:41:41 EDT 2011

Hi,

Yes I am running it in xterm.  I originally did not have,
X11DisplayOffset 10 in my /etc/sshd_config file, but I have now set it
on both my local and my remote machines.

I can still get xedit, xterm, and xeyes to all forward to my local
machine.  Unfortunately,  I still get the same error when trying to
"Display somefile.mnc".

I have fooled around with the DISPLAY variable some on my local
machine, setting  it to :0.0 . If I do this then X forwarding does not
work and I cannot get it xedit, xterm, or xeyes to forward.  I get the
error "connect /tmp/.X11-unix/X0: Connection refused".
So, I'm pretty sure that my original DISPLAY variable setting is
correct.  FYI, I think the DISPLAY variable is automatically set on
Mac OSX, (i.e. I don't explicitly set it in either my .bash_profile or
my .bashrc files).

Thanks for your time,
Sincerely,
Ali