[MINC-users] X11 forwarding for Display

Ali Snedden asnedden at nd.edu
Thu Mar 24 19:27:38 EDT 2011

Hello,

I was having difficulty with X11 forwarding when trying to use Display
from one mac machine
to another mac machine. I can get xedit and xterm to work, but not
Display.  I had noticed in the documentation for Display that it
states that you can build "with X window system", which I assumed was
X forwarding.  So, I built Display with the "--with-x" and
"--with-minc2" options

Here are my relevant settings:
On my local mac machine:
environmental variable DISPLAY is set to /tmp/launch-RuXg5G/org.x:0
and X11forwarding is yes in my /etc/sshd_config file

On my remote mac machine:
environmental variable DISPLAY is localhost:10.0
and X11forwarding is yes in my /etc/sshd_config file

Also on my remote machine, I am running Display-1.4.2 and Minc 2.0.18.
 Both machines, are running MacOSX 10.6.*  .

So after i've ssh'd into my remote mac, and I run "Display
somefile.mnc", I get the following error:

Display[24131] <Error>: kCGErrorFailure: Set a breakpoint @
CGErrorBreakpoint() to catch errors as they are logged.
xp_init: error: not initialized
error: invalid pixel format attribute
Abort trap

If you have any advice, I'd much appreciate it.  Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Ali