[MINC-users] build almost everything minc Makefile and git repository for EZminc

Luis Concha lconcha at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 15:40:32 EDT 2011

Hi Andrew and all.

> I think you will need to add PREFIX to the perl install. In the
> Andrew Janke

Thanks for the suggestion. I have tried it and I am still getting the
same error. I believe the root of it is how Makefile.PL is written,
which seems to be made by lib/ExtUtils/MakeMaker.pm. Of course, this
seems to depend on the perl version installed (5.8 in my case) and
only root can modify makemaker.pm.

I see that Makefile.PL sends out a few arguments to generate a
Makefile, After reading the Makefile, I see several calls to
/usr/lib64/perl5... (CCDLFLAGS, SITELIBEXP, SITEARCHEXP,
VENDORARCHEXP, VENDORLIBEXP, etc). I was wondering if I can overrride
these by sending the appropriate arguments through Makefile.PL. If
possible, then my ignorance will shine, as I have no clue what I
should provide instead.

Alternatively, should I compile my own version of perl from source, so
I have more control over MakeMaker.pm?

Thanks again.

Luis