[MINC-users] Affine transformation matrix

Aaryani Tipirneni atipirne at stanford.edu
Tue Jun 21 20:22:43 EDT 2011

Hi all,

 I have a basic question - As we know, If we do affine registration using mritotal to the atlas, we will get a .xfm file with the translations, rotations, scaling and shearing. If I now want to remove the scaling from the .xfm matrix so that the coregistered data has the same scaling as the original data (to avoid stretching and shrinking), do you expect to still coregister well? Do I have to change even the rotations and translations accordingly?

Please advice!

Thanks for your time,
Aaryani