[MINC-users] Behaviour of minccalc

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 10:44:07 EDT 2011

Hi Simon,

On Sun, Jun 19, 2011 at 00:35, Simon Fristed Eskildsen <se at hst.aau.dk> wrote:
> I am wondering what exactly the following option to minccalc does, and
> if it works as intended:
>
> -nocheck_dimensions:    Do not check that files have matching dimensions.
>
> Should I be able to remove the check for number and order of
> dimensions? Further, should it enable one to perform calculations on
> images with different sizes of dimensions? If so, how is the
> behaviour?

The main purpose of this option is that you can perform math on a
series of input MINC files that don't necessarily have the same
start/step/direction cosines.

As for if it will work with files of different dimensionality and/or
different dimension sizes, the answer it "probably" although there
would have to be the same total number of voxels in the input images
(I am guessing here from my memory of voxel_loop, I haven't tried
this). The results might just be "spectacular" though...