[MINC-users] minc install

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 09:25:56 EDT 2011

Hi Alice,

On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 21:17, 师伟娣 <shiweidi719 at 126.com> wrote:
> I'm writing to you about how to install the minc2 in win32 systerm.
> I had downloaded  the package of minc2 from"MNIsoftware repository". I used it in the Visual C++. It has none problemwhen I compile and build the program, but it has the error that " it can't find the minc2.dllfile ,the file was not started ,it may be broken , reinstall it maybe salve the problem ". I  triedto download  and reinstall it  for several times, but it also has the problem .

>From the little I remember about windows programming minc2.dll will
have to be in the same directory as the executable (.exe) you are
trying to run. The MSVC build file you are using was written a while
back by Bert Vincent who has long since left MINC development. I have
been keeping the file up to date where I can but I don't build MINC
for windows on a regular basis.

In the past I have used MINC on windows via cygwin but even then
things really aren't that great.
My suggestion is that if you really really still want to persevere
with MINC on windows is that you use the neurodebian virtual machine
and then install MINC in there via the prebuilt debian/ubuntu
packages.

   http://neuro.debian.net/#virtual-machine

Good luck!

Andrew