[MINC-users] MINC files support for CImg and GMIC

Haz-Edine Assemlal assemlal at cim.mcgill.ca
Mon Feb 14 14:54:19 EST 2011

Dear MINC users,

I am glad to announce the support for MINC files in the CImg library, an open source C++ toolkit for image processing (http://cimg.sourceforge.net/).

It also means that the GMIC software, an interpreter of image processing macros, now supports MINC files as well. Since a picture is worth a thousand words, here is an illustration of displaying a 3D image.

$gmic anat_minc2.mnc

GMIC supports many other image formats and has a lot of interesting features, e.g., statistics, denoising, registration. Check the demo gallery for more details http://gmic.sourceforge.net/gallery.shtml.

I'm attaching the Portfile to this email for OSX users, the packages for Linux and Windows users should be available soon. You can build it now from the sources available at http://sourceforge.net/projects/gmic/files.

Note that the support is still beta and is meant to improve in the near future. As such, please report any bug you may encounter to the sourceforge forums or directly to me :)

Sincerely,
Haz-Edine