[MINC-users] mincresample of negative zsteps

Soren Christensen sorench at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 02:21:43 EDT 2010

Thanks Andrew,
 I just bumped into another issue with mincresample this afternoon - this
time with ordinary positive zsteps:

Shouldn't the resampled file below get a zstep of 4?    what could be the
reason it becomes 3.74669 only?

mincinfo roi_no_header.mnc
file: roi_no_header.mnc
image: unsigned byte 0 to 255
image dimensions: zspace yspace xspace
    dimension name         length         step        start
    --------------         ------         ----        -----
    zspace                      9      unknown      unknown
    yspace                    512      unknown      unknown
    xspace                    512      unknown      unknown

mincinfo template.mnc
file: template.mnc
image: unsigned short 0 to 65535
image dimensions: zspace yspace xspace
    dimension name         length         step        start
    --------------         ------         ----        -----
    zspace                      9            4     -513.102
    yspace                    512     -0.40625       102.84
    xspace                    512     -0.40625      103.797

mincresample -like template.mnc -nearest roi_no_header.mnc
roi_l_template.mnc

file: roi_l_template.mnc
image: unsigned byte 0 to 255
image dimensions: zspace yspace xspace
    dimension name         length         step        start
    zspace                      9      3.74669     -513.102
    yspace                    512     -0.40625       102.84
    xspace                    512     -0.40625      103.797

Cheers
Soren