[MINC-users] freeglut fatal error in remote X sessions

Alex Zijdenbos alex at bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Thu May 20 00:15:00 EDT 2010

Hi Stephen,

I may have one tip: I had the same issue, and managed to fix it (somewhat) by

   apt-get install nvidia-glx-185
   (reboot)

(obviously that only makes sense on a machine with an nvidia card).
After this I am able to run register and Display through NX - with one
caveat: they will still segfault when quitting them 'nicely'. So I've
just gotten used to use Ctrl-C when done running register and Display
in an NX session :)

It might work for you too.

-- Alex